10/28/10

The Norwegian Adventure | The Streets of Stavanger

3

If you haven’t already caught on by now, you are either new here or not reading any of the words I have written and simply scrolling to look over my photographic feats- either way I will repeat it- for repeating sake- I am in Stavanger Norway; hence the recent titles “ The Norwegian Adventure”.

5

I have been taking in the café culture, hanging out with children, enjoying the view from my temporary home; and being awe struck by the beauty that is Stavanger. This city is an eclectic mix of artsy, historic and modern- all the styles harmoniously coexisting to create a wonderful experience for any new comer. Although all the signs are in Norwegian- which I am beginning to pick up (takk- thank you; hei- hi)- everyone here knows how to speak English; which is comforting for this Canadian girl.

1

As anyone in my position would, I have been taking pictures like a Los Angeles paparazzi- of absolutely everything. There is so much to take in, it’s almost overwhelming thinking of all the things I want to see and do- I have been doing my best to manage my expectations; meaning, if I don’t see it all, I won’t let myself get too upset; I mean, I’m in Norway for heaven sakes, that is huge in and of itself.

4

These are my favorite shots of the week, the streets of Stavanger as I have affectionately titled them. The church in this photo is said to be one of the oldest churches in Europe; it’s funny to see locals, just going about their business as usual in such an breathtakingly historical and culturally rich setting; my jaw has been on the floor for the better part of the last week, I still cannot get over how beautiful it is here. It is nothing short of inspiring!


2

Have a wonderful weekend, Happy Halloween; and Takk for reading!

Xoxo
Bianca


Follow my blog with bloglovin'!

7 comments:

  1. Great photos! I was in Stravanger last summer (just for a day) but it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stavanger is blowing me away with it beauty!

    Happy Halloween, I can't wait to see people's costumes:)

    xoxo
    bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I'm so jealous, but so delighted to hear you're having such a wonderful time. Eat some treats and soak some culture for me! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful! i love the white washed photos look :-)

    xoxo Bardot in Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, me too- it's my new favorite editing trick!

    xoxo
    bianca

    ReplyDelete